Sunday, May 18, 2008

Great Kids, Great Cause!

I had the opportunity to photograph some kids who are very dear to my heart. Not because I know each of them personally, but because I share in their daily hopes that a cure for Juvenile Diabetes will be found in their lifetime. I hope each of you knows how hard we are all trying to do just that, we know you are counting on us!


My oldest, Ally, was diagnosed at 18 months and cannot remember her life without the daily pokes and dietary monitoring. Although, diabetes can be "managed" with insulin injections, it is certainly not a cure and does not promise a life without complications of the disease.


This year, our chairman, Brandon Segal, from National City Bank, gave each of the kids a mini soccer ball. The kids all had fun with them before starting our session. Thanks Brandon!



Here are some of the faces of the kids we are committed to finding a cure for..



This is my oldest....


This little guy decided he didn't want to be in the group pic, but he did let me take a pic of him and his puppy...

Here's the whole gang, minus little guy above.



No comments:

LORI DIANE PHOTOGRAPHY