Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dear God, thank you....


I had a few weeks in March to relax, as it is generally a down-time
for my biz-ness and I have been reflecting on my life.
*
I remember the hustle and bustle I had for years, as I worked
outside of the home, 40+ hours, with four kids.... All the while,
dreamed of being a full-time photographer with my own schedule...
*
A complete blind leap of faith in 2008, made my dream a reality.....
When the company I worked for told me that they were going to
down-size and lay off two of my co-workers and that they would
need me to take on their responsibilities and be in the office more...
I replied, "I'm sorry, but I am not available for that scenario."
It's funny, I said them with such confidence, but I had no idea
where they came from! ME? hahaha! I had worked there 10 1/2
years....I made more money than my hubby at the time.....it was
a steady paycheck..... I asked that they consider me training one
of my co-workers for my job instead of letting them go and I would
go. I remember driving home that day.....I was FREAKING out!
I had not told my hubby yet and I knew he would freak out worse..
we had four kids.....not to mention a mountain of debt(did I mention
the four kids?) Anywhoo - I prayed, and prayed all the way home...
"PLEASE GOD, I NEED you to SHOW me a SIGN that I made the
right decision here!" As I pulled into the driveway, my son, Caiden
met me at my window and handed me the house cordless, he said,
"Mom, it's some lady, she wants to talk to you about a photoshoot."
I almost cried. I asked for the sign and he showed me. If there wasn't
a client on the phone, I may have screamed, "Amazing GRACE!" or
something of the sort :)
*
When I told my hubby, he was nervous too, but supportive.
Now, here I am, almost three years later and my business is
growing each year. I am blessed with the most amazing clients
and want to THANK each of you for allowing me to LIVE my
dream. I LOVE capturing your families with my lens....I love
when you can feel the images when you look at them..it makes
me teary, seeing or hearing you teary-eyed :)
*
Additionally, God has filled my life with the most amazing
children......I am so lucky to be a Mama, as they call me, to
Ally(15), Caiden(9), Adison(6) and Kendall(4). Each of them,
in their own unique way, fill my heart with LOVE & happiness.
*
Finally, on Tuesday, my hubby & I will set out to Vegas to
renew our vows. It will be 10 years of marriage(same day & time)
& 18 years since we started dating. It doesn't seem possible.
We have certainly had our share of obstacles throughout
our 18 years together, but our Faith & LOVE for one
another has carried us through it all. Whoever said
marriage is all love and rose petals is a LIAR. LOL.
Anywhoo, looking forward to repeating, "till death
do us part!" Except this time, I think I'll include the
evil laugh afterwards..... :)


1 comment:

Natasha Burns said...

What a great post! How wonderful that it all came together for you and that you are living your dream. I giggled at the last line, I'd love to hear the evil laugh!

LORI DIANE PHOTOGRAPHY