Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!!

This am I not only awoke to being one year older...
but I woke up to my best friend's raspy voice on the
other end of the phone at 6:33AM! She was trying
to be sneaky and leave me a surprise in my van, but
I had it locked, so she had to call. She was hoping that I
would fall back asleep and forget that she called :) I certainly
tried to, but was woke by my hubby a few minutes later..
he lured me downstairs to open my b-day cards with him :)
He picked out a really sappy one that made me tear up & then
told me as I was opening the kids's that my son Caiden(7)
picked it out. He said he and Adison(5) stood in the store and
Caiden read it aloud and they decided together...that really made
me cry! They were sooooo sweet! They also tucked a card to
Starbucks inside!!!! mmmmm! After that I ran outside to
get my surprise from Heather! She got me a really cool
plaque about sisters, because we feel that we are just as close,
as we have been BFF's for 25 years! She also got me a funny
coffee cup...we like to meet up on the weekends early in the am
for a cup of Joe and she knew I would crack up at the cup :)
The kids and I both have been playing with it all morning.
My God-daughter Nev(5) spent a lot of time making me a very
colorful card, I absolutely adored it! Her little Sis Leg'na(2)
made me one too, but liked it so much she decided to keep it
for herself! Isn't that hilarious! Heather also left a card from
my friend Cheryl, thanks Chicka! I also received a cool high-heel
shoe cookie cutter, an awesome card and some Mula from my
Mama & StepDad.....My Mom made the card herself! Isn't it cute??
You can see more of her work HERE.
My in-laws stopped by with my favorite cake, lemon cake
layered with lemon pudding and cool whip! We had it for lunch!
My Dad & Stepmom sent me beautiful flowers and I received a ton
of calls, emails and facebook messages from friends and family!
My cousin, Dakota, sent me a message that said Happy Birthday
you LINT LICKER! Cracked me up!
Thanks to all of you who thought of me today, makes me feel all
warm & fuzzy inside! SMOOCH!!!!!
Click the pic to see things in closer view!

2 comments:

*Linda said...

Happy Birthday Lori!!

I hope you have had a grand day.....you deserve it!! From the looks of it you have....you are definitely loved!!

Anonymous said...

Love the card your mother made. The cards from carey and the kids were really nice. I am so glad you had a wonderful bday. The only thing that stinks is your still younger than me LOL
LYLAS
Heather

LORI DIANE PHOTOGRAPHY