Thursday, September 11, 2008

I cannot explain it...

Moving out before I graduated High school & having our daughter at 19 caused me to grow up very quickly. I cannot remember a time when I did not work full-time, even during high school..I think there are rules about that now! Anyway, the point of this is that I always worked because I had to. Not because I was passionate about my job, I needed the check.

Well, what some of you may not realize is that I have still been working a full-time job as an Accounting Manager in addition to building my business as a photographer. It has been very trying for me at times, I must admit. When I decided last year to open my business, I was a mother to four children(still am:) who were in multiple sports, working full-time & served as the President for the Niles Service League. To say I was over-extended is an understatement. I have so many people ask me how I could do it. Well, truth be told I don't know either.... I do know that I had to sacrifice some things.....like my housework.....it's not filthy & disgusting or anything, but it is not *sparkly* either.....I sacrificed sleep, which fortunately I do not mind....and I have dark circles to prove it......It's crazy when I think back about the last year and what I put myself through...I would ALWAYS pull an all-nighter...each week....until finally I got a sign that my body could not handle it, no it wasn't the dark circles...it was Shingles...adult chicken-pox....that can be brought on by stress. Ya think? :) Very painful!

Anywhoo - I have always dreamt of staying home with my babies, working on MY schedule...
well, the sacrifices have finally paid off. After 10 1/2 years as an Accounting Manager, TODAY is my LAST day. Tomorrow, I am a full-time photographer! I have butterflies in my stomach....and my smile is beaming so that it can be seen from miles away. I want to run across an open field and scream FREEDOM!!!!!!! Are you visualizing it? hahahaa! I am just ecstatic & sooo blessed to be able to follow my dreams!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!

I wanted to thank all of my family, friends and clients who have supported me along the way! You have all been so incredible to me and I am very blessed to know each of you! I am so excited to see what the future holds & hope that you will be a part of it!

Ok, now scream it with me........F-R-E-E-D-O-M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

4 comments:

*Linda said...

Yay!! Finally that day has come for you! I am so happy for you! ENJOY it!

Purple Rose of Sharon said...

Way to go, Lori! You've really worked hard to get to where you are today. I know your talent and work ethic will ensure you much success.

I wish you all the best!

Cheers,

Sharon

Nichole said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anonymous said...

Lori-

Sorry I didn't make the party...my folks were in town for the weekend and I couldn't get away. I was hoping I'd still make it until the last minute...anyway, Congratulations!

I'll be watching this space for updates...good luck!

- Patrick (Suzy, Annalise, Sean and ????)

LORI DIANE PHOTOGRAPHY