Monday, August 4, 2008

What is going on?

Well, just in case you were trying to access my blog over the
weekend, it was down! I was so frustrated, as I wanted to
post some pics! Apparently, my visitor counter was the
culprit that was causing the problem. I ended up finding
out a way to delete it and just as I did, the problem was
fixed! I was sooooo bummed about it because I had been
tracking my visitors since October and was reaching a
good number....now it will start from square one if I reload!
UGH!

I had a pretty low-key weekend, which was nice for a
change! Yesterday however, I left to run my niece home
and while I was gone I missed a call from one of our local
hospitals....the note said to call back about pictures.....
I immediately felt a pit in my stomach. When I returned
the call, the voice on the other line answered, "NICU," can
I help you?" Yep, it was going to be my first NILMDTS
assignment. After speaking with the nurse, I knew it was
critical that I get to the hospital as soon as possible.
My sister-in-law and I had planned on taking our kids to
our Aunt's house to swim, so Vanessa said she would take
them and I could meet up with them afterwards.

Seeing "D," brought back so many memories of my nephew,
Gabereal, as I had taken his photos also. It certainly was not
an easy task for me to do again, but somehow, I developed an
overwhelming calmness and was able to capture the images I
new his Mama would want to have forever. I was able to comfort
her also and connect with the way that she was feeling.

I will admit it was tough to keep myself composed while she held
him and cried....I felt her pain, I knew. I gave her a hug afterwards
and when I left the room, I took a deep breath and my eyes welled
up with tears....The nurse gave me a hug and said she did not know
how I could get through that. I think knowing that I could do
something to help other families that are going through what we
went through, gave me the strength.

Although the nurse was very sweet, I joked with her during our
goodbyes and told her I hoped we would not see one another often :)

3 comments:

*Linda said...

What a wonderful thing you did for the family. You will be blessed!

Nichole said...

My thoughts are with this family. I hope your photos are able to help them get through this terrible time.

Purple Rose of Sharon said...

What a brave thing for you to do, Lori. I'm sure you brought comfort to the family in their darkest hour.

LORI DIANE PHOTOGRAPHY